Sunday, July 17, 2016

A Banner Bright



At the beginning of the District 19F Cabinet this weekend Past District Governor Viva Metz passed the banner of leadership over to me. She mentioned that there was also a historical banner that she would entrust to my care. 
After the meeting I got a look at the historical banner which listed the names of every District F Governor since 1950! Willard Harden of Yakima served in 1950-51. Like anyone would do, I looked for Past District Governors from my club. I found one -Whitney Miller 1972-1973 College Place. WOW! King the Lion on my business card was Whitney's when it was alive. When King died Whitney took him to a taxidermist and had him stuffed! The beloved mascot of the College Place Lions, King rode in parades after his death for quite a few years. 1st VDG Crystal and I will be carrying the historical banner to clubs when we visit. You can look up members of your club who served. Appreciating those Lions that worked hard to get us through the first 67 years of our District F history is altogether fitting and proper. We owe them our traditions and the esteem with which we are held by our communities!

Immediate Past District Governor Viva Metz and King the Lion


No comments:

Post a Comment